Hey, remember when I used to update this blog all the time? Yeah, me too. Then I got a job and the glory days of just hanging out and talking to cool translators and writing reviews were, well, quite frankly just hard to maintain. Anyway, enough existential crisis for one day; Leyendo Latam need not suffer any longer for my corporate gal lifestyle.*
Leyendo Latam is now open to external book reviews.
- Fiction only, please! No poetry.
- Writers must be women, nonbinary, or gender nonconforming people from Latin America or with Latin American heritage.
- Translation status isn’t a dealbreaker; you can review books that are only available in Spanish or Portuguese.
- Pitch me your proposed book title at email@example.com. Include the book title, plus a brief overview of the book and why you’re the right person to write the review.
- Once approved, submit your review by GDoc, alongside a profile photo and byline. I’ll handle the edit, upload, and graphics.
- Aim for a 500-word limit in your review. And please have a personality and a voice!
- Actually read some of my previous reviews to get a feel for the overall ~vibe~ we’re going for here.
Unfortunately, I cannot offer payment for reviews at this time.
*I’m actually an editor at Viator Travel now, so don’t get me confused for a finance bro; I’m still just floating around in the world of digital media.